Tuesday 3 August 2010

Coast to Coast 2010 - Before

I head north today - by road and rail to St Bees in Cumbria. It's the well-advertised start of Wainwright's Coast to Coast Walk and where I will begin to find out what all the fuss is about. With the odd diversion on his route and if all goes according to plan then I should arrive Robin Hood's Bay in Yorkshire 15 days later.

The extra comforts in my pack have pushed its weight up. A better sleeping bag, a pillow, a little thingy to sit on, more washing kit, even a full gas cylinder - it all adds up to 21lbs. Leaving my camera at home helps balance the extras so I will have to rely on my phone for pictures. It is fixed since my last trek so I am blog-enabled!

Body and signal strength willing and available I should be able to post the occasional update.

Chocs away!

2 comments:

J_on_tour said...

Best wishes, Brian. I've not done the Coast to coast before although I have done large chunks of it at both ends due to my love of NYM and Wainwrights. Lost count of the number of B&Bs I've stayed in at St Bees. A walk leader missed a turning on the walk I was on in Richmond recently, so I joked that he wanted to highlight a bit more on his C2C map !!

Unknown said...

Cheers J!