Wednesday 29 July 2009

Look Forwards

Only a week now until Bryn and I arrive on the launch pad - well, our start point at Sutton Bank, North Yorkshire, for The Cleveland Way. And yet.…… I find myself thinking about another long distance path; The Coast to Coast, which runs from St Bee’s in Cumbria to Robin Hood’s Bay in Yorkshire - 190 miles in all. I’m eager to walk that route next year. Thoughts of that are probably more about setting a new challenge though and having another “look forward” in place when the current one has passed.

In the meantime, I’m keen to continue blogging. The technical side has not gone strictly according to plan. I had wanted to send pictures as well as text when walking. The posh phone that I wrote about at the beginning of July should have enabled me to do so but my contract with Virgin Mobile didn’t work out. Therefore, I still rely on the text only PocketMail device whilst on the move, adding pictures from a PC at a later date.

I might have to tinker with the title of this blog. “The Cleveland Way 2009” won’t serve if I’m wittering on about another trek in another year. Brian walking? Brian’s walking? Brian wittering?


[Prodnose: Laters! First things first. Get your mind in gear.]

Right you are! The Cleveland Way 2009. Next week.

2 comments:

Alan Sloman said...

Understand the problem Brian - I seem to have been stuck with my LEJOG walk as my blog title.

However it is general enough to just abot get away with, epsecially as I am planning another 'big walk'

Youu won't be the last to change your blog title!

Good luck thinking up another one after you finish your Cleveland trek.

Unknown said...

I get the feeling that thinking of a new title will tax me more than walking The Cleveland Way will.

Planning a 'big walk' eh? Excellent. Yet another look forward for me!

Regards, Brian