Sunday 18 March 2012

Leek, Staffordshire - 18 Mar 12

It's about 260 miles from my house in Bedfordshire to the place in south Cumbria where I visit family and drop off my dog. Normally, it's a five hour journey. The drive is a bit of a drag though even with a couple of breaks along the way.

So, to make it easier, and because I wanted to check out a Peak District campsite, today I've travelled as far as Leek (which is about half way to Cumbria) where I'm spending the night at the Camping & Caravan Club's site.

The campsite is tidy and peacefull. It's a bit muddy in places but the price is right; I'm in my campervan for the night so it's £7.95 for a hard surfaced pitch, with hook-up to a 16 Amp electric supply, and there's access to a clean ablutions block with hot showers etc. There's no pub handy but I'm carrying everything that I need - including the kitchen sink and hob.

Keswick from tomorrow till Thursday, and then south-east to Hartsop where I'll be based until Monday. Someone else to do the cooking from tomorrow (and pull pints). Luxury!

1 comment:

WhatHouse.co.uk said...

I know Cumbria well as I am from there originally . Heck of a drive to do regularly!

new houses for sale in Staffordshire