Thursday 22 October 2009

The Peak District Tomorrow

Googling last week, my computer mouse whisked me away to The Peak District. I was dreaming in cyber land rather than walking over land because I couldn’t afford the time to get away. A pity really, and frustrating given the fine weather recently. The weather is on the turn now but so is my luck – I’m off to Derbyshire tomorrow.

It’s just for the weekend but that will suffice to contain a couple of circular walks each followed by dinner and drinks in a pub. If the weather forecast is to be believed, then it may be a bit damp. However, I’ll be living in comfort – meet the Grampavan:

The Grampavan

She (I know a Grampavan shouldn’t be a she but “she” is what I think of her as despite my Granddaughter Tara coming up with “Grampavan”) is an elderly VW T4 Campervan who found her way to me via eBay. This weekend she can park, and hook up to the electric, at a campsite between Buxton and Bakewell for £10.00 per night which will allow me some of the overnight comforts of home.

Back to the maps and googling in the meantime – where to walk ....

No comments: