Friday 23 October 2009

The Peak District - Friday

In my youth, someone enquiring where another was going, may well have been told "There and back to see how far it is!" It was a gentle way of saying "Mind your own business!". Today though, "There and back to see how far it is." would almost be the right answer; I wanted to know if The Peak District was within a satisfactory range for a weekend of walks. At 130 miles (under 3 hours) from door to campsite gate, it is.

From what I've seen so far it's well worth the drive too. I'm in limestone country and it's lovely.

The Pennine Bridleway - Chee Dale

Following Holly's wagging tail, I've wandered along parts of The Pennine Bridleway, The Monsal Trail and The Limestone Way. More of the same tomorrow.

The Waterloo - where I'd recommend the Robinson's Wags and Witches

No comments: